Vanilla Pudding Recipe
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/8 tsp salt
2 cups milk
2 eggs (optional)
2 tsp vanilla
2 Tbsp butter or margarine, melted
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt in medium saucepan. Mix well with a wire whisk.
- Add milk to pan. Cook on medium high heat stirring constantly with whisk until thick and bubbly. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs, vanilla, and margarine together with whisk.
- Stir a small amount of the cooked mixture in with the beaten eggs in the bowl , then pour all back into the saucepan.
- Cook 1 minute more. Chill in refrigerator about 1 hour to set.
Makes about five (½ cup) servings.
Substitute 1 ½ cup brown sugar (firmly packed) for white sugar. Use 3 tablespoons margarine instead of 2 tablespoons.
Increase sugar to 1 cup. Add 3 tablespoons cocoa with the sugar.
NOTE: If you omit eggs in this recipe, the pudding will be sweeter and less rich, but still very good.