World-renowned gluten-related disorders expert Dr. Alessio Fasano presents the groundbreaking roadmap to a gluten-free lifestyle, and how millions can live better by going gluten free.
For centuries, bread has been known as the “staff of life.” But for millions of Americans affected by gluten-related disorders, consuming gluten, the complex protein found in wheat, rye, and barley, can be hazardous to their health.
Now, in Gluten Freedom, Alessio Fasano, MD, world-renowned expert and founder of Massachusetts General Hospital’s Center for Celiac Research, reveals the latest developments in scientific research and treatment, and the answers they provide for this rapidly expanding audience. This groundbreaking, authoritative guide is an invaluable roadmap for the newly diagnosed, for those already dealing with gluten-related issues, and for anyone who thinks they may have an issue with gluten.
• The differences between celiac disease, gluten sensitivity, and wheat allergy
• Current best practices for gluten-related disorders at any age
• Practical information on setting up a gluten-free kitchen, reading labels, and staying safe and healthy in a world filled with hidden sources of gluten
• The psychological impact of a diagnosis and its effect on a family
• Groundbreaking research for prevention and therapy
• Reliable and accurate resources for patients, parents, and physicians
• And even recipes for an authentic gluten-free Italian dinner from Dr. Fasano’s home kitchen