The Fundraising Coordinator will develop, implement and support all fundraising
strategies across the Organization. The Fundraising Coordinator will work closely with the Executive
Operations Team, the Board, and staff and volunteers to drive fundraising and donor development for
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop and execute fundraising strategies according to a fundraising plan, including campaigns,
and community calls to action that encourage participation from many sources such as industry
leaders, companies, philanthropic donors, Board members, employees, the community and
- Create and execute the Organization’s fundraising activities across multiple platforms, activities,
and events. These may include mail solicitations, online initiatives, presentation of sponsorship
opportunities, and soliciting the donations of goods and services.
- Execute fundraising activities that maximize participation or contributions and minimize costs.
- Create and maintain a database of potential, current, and past donors that can produce
customized lists for different fundraising initiatives.
- Project annual fundraising campaign revenues, including the timing of donations and grants.
- Develop and execute a plan and tactics for online mobilization, corporate involvement, and
community-level donor fundraising.
- Implement and monitor metrics and analysis of fundraising and donor involvement in campaigns.
- Submit applications to philanthropic organizations to support the programs and needs of GIG.
- Plan and execute fundraising events and campaigns.
- Prepare reports and presentations to communicate fundraising program data.
- Work with the Marketing team to develop and execute consistent communication to cultivate and
grow donor base.
- Work with the VP of Marketing & Development to create and cultivate business-to-business
relationships with potential sponsors and partners.
- Maintain physical and electronic files.
- Provides outstanding Customer service (answering phones, general questions, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous work experience leading fundraising activities for a nonprofit required.
- Must be able to drive a campaign, from conception through completion, and initiate the
involvement of fellow employees, Board members, and our community.
- Experience working and communicating with senior leadership.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and in a timely manner using professional business
voice, electronic and other methods of communication. Communication is by phone and
electronic using the following programs: Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, SQL, Sales Force, and
Adobe InDesign and by printed copy.
- Demonstrate good phone skills.
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach volunteers and staff related to
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program and project evaluation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, flexible, and innovative approach to work and management of
- Passion, humility, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
- Good management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and
- Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented.
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team leader who can positively and
productively impact both strategic and tactical initiatives.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively
interface with senior management, and staff.
- Ability to operate as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker.
- Excellent judgment, decision-making, and problem solving skills. Demonstrates good business
- High level of attention to detail, accuracy and confidentiality.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new/changing situations.
- BA/BS Degree
- 3+ years’ experience on a national and/or large region level in a professional or non-profit
- Examples of successful fundraising campaigns you led will be required for consideration.
Location: Office-based in Auburn Washington. Remote location may be considered.
Salary and Benefits:
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Hourly, wage BOE
Compensation: Qualifies for Bonuses and Performance-based wage increases.
Health benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and retirement plans are available.
Benefits: Paid time off based on GIG policy for position and longevity with GIG.
View full job description 1538_Job Description_Fundraising Coordinator_190529
Please submit resumes and examples of personal experience to Chris Rich, VP of Marketing & Development for GIG, at firstname.lastname@example.org.