Passionate about Gluten-Free? Come ON BOARD!
The Gluten Intolerance Group (GIG) is recruiting new members for our Board of Trustees.
The Board of Trustees supports the work of GIG and provides mission-based leadership and strategic governance. The day-to-day operations are led by GIG’s Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and the Executive Operations Team (EOT); the Board functions with the CEO and the EOT as partners to collaborate in pursuing GIG’s mission. Specific Board Member responsibilities include:
Leadership, Governance and Oversight
• Serving as a trusted advisor to the CEO/EOT as they develop and implement GIG’s strategic plan.
• Approving GIG’s annual budget, audit reports, and business plans.
• Serving on committees or task forces.
• Reviewing the outcomes of major initiatives and operations vs. established metrics.
• Acting as an ambassador for GIG to the gluten-free community and key stakeholders.
• Staying informed to meet legal and fiduciary responsibilities, and support GIG’s commitment to diversity.
• Participating in the annual performance evaluation of the CEO.
• GIG board members consider support of GIG as a priority and make annual donations that reflect that priority.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about GIG’s mission and who has a track record of active participation in the gluten-free community. Experience in related health care professions, support groups or the food industry is a plus. Service on the GIG Board of Trustees is without remuneration.